The first ordinary session of the 52nd Synod is planned for Monday 3 May 2021, depending upon the restrictions on gathering that are applicable at that time under the relevant Public Health Order. A business paper and additional materials for the ordinary session are planned to be circulated in early April.
The Archbishop Election Synod is planned to be held from Tuesday 4 May 2021 until Friday 7 May 2021.
- Archbishop's Summons to the first ordinary and special sessions of the 52nd Synod (including instructions for the making of a nomination) - 25 January 2021
- 1st Circular to Synod Members - 16 March 2021
- Synod Book 1: Annual Report of the Standing Committee and Other Reports and Papers (published October 2020)
- Additional Report: Parochial Cost Recovery Charges and Church Land Acquisition Levy for 2021 (published October 2020)
- Synod Book 2: Reports & Papers for the First Ordinary and Special Sessions of the 52nd Synod (published April 2021)
- Nomination form for the office of the Archbishop of Sydney ( Word | PDF )
- Frequently asked questions related to making a nomination
- "The Contemporary Role of the Archbishop of Sydney" (an appendix to the Archbishop of Sydney Election Ordinance 1982)
- A Brief Guide to Synod Rules - summarises key procedures and rules of the Synod, and is intended to be printed as a booklet for quick reference throughout Synod (Booklet format / A4 format)
Documents associated with the postponed 2020 session
- Notice to Members - Retirement of Archbishop Glenn Davies as Archbishop of Sydney - 30 November 2020
- Archbishop's Letter to members of the 52nd Synod - 30 July 2020
- 1st Circular - 11 August 2020
- Glebe Administration Board 2019 Annual Report Summary
- Notice of Uncontested Elections - 22 September 2020
- Contested Elections Results: Report to the President - 8 October 2020
Second ordinary session of the 52nd Synod
The second ordinary session of the 52nd Synod is scheduled for Monday 6, Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8, Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 September 2021, depending upon the restrictions on gathering that are applicable at that time under the relevant Public Health Order.