Synod in Past Years
South Sydney Regional Council Annual Report 1997
1. As a result of the Regions Ordinance 1995 and the Regions (Transitional) Ordinance 1995, the South Sydney Regional Council was duly constituted and elections were held at the Synod of 1996.
2. The Regional Council's membership is -
3. The Rev Geoff Deutscher was appointed Secretary to the Council. Mr Warwick Lewarne was appointed Treasurer and convenor of the Finance Committee. Mrs Maureen De Lazar of the Regional Office was appointed Minute Secretary. Pascoe Whittle, Chartered Accountants, were appointed Hon. Auditors.
Terms of Reference
4. The Regional Council of South Sydney, together with its responsibility as outlined in the Regions Ordinance 1995, inherited responsibilities from the now defunct Inner City Committee. In particular the South Sydney Regional Council is responsible for auditing the books of the Inner City Committee and ensuring its 1996 report is prepared for Synod.
5. At its first meeting in November 1996 the Committee was briefed on its functions and responsibilities by reference to a paper prepared by the Diocesan Secretary.
Appointment of Committees
6. An Ordinance Review Panel was appointed to conduct hearings on bills for Ordinances promoted by parochial units in the Region.
7. A Finance Committee was appointed.
8. A Parish Investigation Committee was appointed to investigate proposals made under the Parishes Ordinance 1979.
9. It was resolved that functions of a Parish Administration Committee be fulfilled by the Archdeacon reporting these matters to the Council.
1997 Ministry Grants
10. Ministry Grants for 1997 flowing from funds from the Synod and a residue from the Inner City Committee were determined at the November meeting.
11. It was determined to use 1997 to set ministry goals and strategies for the Council.
For and on behalf of the South Sydney Regional Council.
3 April 1998
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative