Synod in Past Years
Georges River Regional Council Annual Report 1998
1. In the year
2. The Regional Council's membership is -
Changes in Membership
3. During the year, Mrs L Chardon resigned and the Regional Council elected Mrs K Newmarch to the vacancy.
4. The Regional
5. The Children's and Youth Ministry Task Force has a part-time co-ordinator who will create and lead the Children's and Youth working teams, liaise with Diocesan and Regional activities and offer support to workers and ministers.
6. The Cross-cultural Task Force has developed a comprehensive list of all NESB congregations and cross-cultural ministries in the Region and an evaluation instrument for cross-cultural ministry. It is now evaluating specific language group ministries and has made recommendations regarding cross-cultural grants in the Region.
7. The Regional Council amalgamated the parishes of Bexley and Bexley North as from
8. The Regional Council's Parish Administration Committee acted as the Ordinance Review Panel for the Belmore with McCallums Hill and Clemton Park Land Sale Ordinance and the
9. Grant applications for 1998 came from 31 parishes and the Council was able to give 18 grants.
Employment of Staff
10. Mr Min Yaw Law's employment as Lay Stipendiary Worker in
For and on behalf of the Georges River Regional Council.
14 August 1998
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative