Cataract with Ambarvale (Appin) Land Sale Ordinance 1990 Amendment Ordinance 1998
No 23, 1998
An Ordinance to amend the Cataract with Ambarvale (Appin) Land Sale Ordinance 1990.
A. The Cataract with Ambarvale (Appin) Land Sale Ordinance 1990 (the "Principal Ordinance") provided for the sale of certain land referred to in the schedules to that ordinance and the application of the proceeds of sale.
B. The land referred to in the schedules to the Principal Ordinance has been sold and it is expedient to amend the provisions which provide for the application of the proceeds of sale.
The Standing Committee of the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney Ordains as follows -
1. This Ordinance is the Cataract with Ambarvale (Appin) Land Sale Ordinance 1990 Amendment Ordinance 1998.
2. By reason of circumstances which have arisen after the creation of the trusts upon which the proceeds of sale under the Principal Ordinance are held, it is inexpedient to carry out and observe those trusts and to apply them wholly for the same or like purposes as the trusts upon which they are presently held.
Amendment to the Principal Ordinance
3. Clause 4 of the Principal Ordinance is amended by deleting the first proviso and inserting instead -
"provided that pending the application pursuant to this clause the fund shall be invested by the Corporate Trustee and -
(a) 20% of the income shall be capitalised; and
(b) 80% of the income shall be paid to the churchwardens of the principal church of the Provisional Parish and applied by them towards general parochial purposes including the cost of the stipend and allowances of persons licensed or employed within the Provisional Parish, other than the stipend and allowances of the curate-in-charge”.
4. After clause 4 of the Principal Ordinance, the following new clause is inserted -
5. (1) On 30 June 2003 the authority to apply the income under clause 4 terminates.
(2) The churchwardens of the principal church of the Provisional Parish must present an ordinance to the Standing Committee providing for the application after 30 June 2003 of the proceeds of sale, any capitalised income and other undistributed income which has not been applied under clause 4 on or before that date. “
5. The amendment referred to in clause 3 hereof takes effect from 1 January 1998.
I Certify that the Ordinance as printed is in accordance with the Ordinance as reported.
Chairman of Committee
I Certify that this Ordinance was passed by the Standing Committee of the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney on 24 August 1998.
I Assent to this Ordinance.
Archbishop of Sydney