Reports & Resources
6/90 Decade of Evangelism
(A report from a Committee appointed by the Standing Committee)
1. This committee has met 7 times since the last session of Synod.
Areas of Concern
2. This committee has identified the following areas where attention is need -
Analysis and Planning
3. This committee is addressing the identified needs by -
4. It is hoped that an appropriate spot will be found at Synod, during Missionary Hour, when the focus can be on evangelism, perhaps from the angle of cross-cultural ministry.
Department of Evangelism
5. This committee applauds the work of the Department and sees its own role as encouraging the development by the Department of some distinctive extra-parochial ministries. These could include a specialist "city ministry", where three or four high quality outreach events are arranged annually. The Department could also facilitate the establishment of the Archbishop's hospitality ministry (dinner for 20 and a speaker) to key figures in the life of our city. These would include business and political leaders, as well as sporting identities and others of note.
6. The city ministry would also involve the use of a city church as a base. Good work being done already will be encouraged and supported.
The Relationship between the Department and this committee
7. The committee sees itself as a supplement to the work of the Department as it continues to work at the invitation of parishes. The Department plans to encourage pilot projects within regions and interaction between regions. The committee endorses these efforts and the diocese, as well as to enthuse both lay people and clergy.
8. The following members were co-opted to the committee: the Rev. Maureen Cripps (resigned 25/5/93), the Rev D.R. Mansfield, the Rev. S.W. Abbott, Mr. Justice K.R. Handley.
9. The members of this committee are Bishop D.T. Foord, Canon P.S. Kemp, the Rev. D.D. Nicolios, Canon J.C. Chapman (secretary) resigned on 9/2/93 and Bishop R.H. Goodhew (chairman) resigned on 20/4/93.
For and on behalf of the Committee
DIANNE D. NICOLIOS
15 July 1993
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative