Synod in Past Years
Georges River Regional Council
Annual Report for 1999
1. In the year 1 July 1998 to 30 June 1999, the Regional Council met on 5 occasions and in addition held a 1-day conference in February 1999.
2. The Regional Council's membership is -
3. During the year, the Revs D H Courtney, R P Weaver and J W Woo resigned and Regional Council elected the Revs I Y Lee, N A Speyer and R E Nixey to the vacancies.
4. The Regional Mission Task Force finalised the Council's Vision Statement and Five Year Plan 1999-2003 and has made recommendations regarding its implementation.
5. The Children's and Youth Ministry Task Force has been serviced by its part-time adviser, Mrs K Newmarch. There have been a number of parish consultations held, reports written and conferences attended to facilitate the growth of children's and youth ministry in the Region.
6. The Cross-Cultural Task Force has been involved with the restructuring of the Arabic Ministry and the commencement of the Region's ESL Consultant, Mrs M Clerke. As a result there has been training in preparation for the start of new ESL classes, the resourcing of present ones and support for teachers and helpers.
7. The Regional Council is planning to start 3 new Task Forces for Prayer, Communications and Funding Resources.
8. The Regional Council amalgamated the parishes of Yagoona and Birrong and extended the provisional parish status of Regents Park to 31 December 2001 and Sadleir to 1 January 2002. It set up a Disputes Committee to examine a dispute related to a Peakhurst Vestry Meeting and reported on "Bankrupt Parishes" to the Standing Committee.
9. The Regional Council's Parish Administration Committee reviewed the Marrickville Area Deanery Proceeds Ordinance, acted as the Ordinance Review Panel for the St John's Park (Canley Heights) Land Sale and Variation of Trusts Ordinance and made recommendations concerning a change of status for St James' Smithfield.
10. Grant applications for 1999 came from 38 parishes and the Council was able to give 28 grants.
Employment of Staff
11. Mrs Isobel Bennett's position as ESL Co-ordinator in the Marrickville Area Deanery concluded at the end of December 1998. Mrs Marilyn Clerke was appointed to the new position of Regional ESL Consultant and began in February 1999.
For and on behalf of the Georges River Regional Council.
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative