Synod in Past Years
Proposal to Change the Provisional Parish of Hornsby Heights to a Parish
(A report from the Northern Regional Council.)
1. A proposal was made by the churchwardens of St Luke's Church Hornsby Heights under clause 4(1)(c)(iii) of the Parishes Ordinance 1979.
2. A meeting of the Northern Regional Council on 12 September 2000 considered the proposal under clause 5 of the Parishes Ordinance.
3. All the procedural requirements under clause 4 of the Ordinance have been satisfied.
4. To change the Provisional Parish of Hornsby Heights (the "Parish") to a parish.
5. Financial figures for the period January-July 2000 supplied by the churchwardens, revealed an encouraging picture. Current cash assets at 13 July 2000 were $14,300. Income exceeded expenditure each month in 2000. A surplus is anticipated at 31 December 2000. A parish loan will be finalised by 31 December 2000, freeing up $12,000 in 2001 which will be offset by higher "parish cost recovery" obligations. All property maintenance is up to date.
6. The population of the parish is 5,980 persons, of which 1,715 claim to be Anglicans. Ministry strategies now in place are well thought out and planned. While this is 28.9% of the population, it also represents a drop of 3.4% since the previous census. The population on the whole is younger, with an average age of 33 years (10-19 year old 17.1%; 40-49 year olds 18.4% are the dominant age groups). The parish has a higher-than average family stability, with 61.9% married and 83.9% owning/buying their own home. 73.8% were born in Australia and 90.1% speak only English at home. St Luke's became a Provisional Parish in 1988.
7. Attendance at Services in 2000 are -
8. Details of property held by the Property Trust upon trust for Hornsby Heights are -
10. The assets and liabilities at December 1999 follows -
11. The remaining debt on the property will be finalised by 31 December 2000.
12. The Archdeacon of North Sydney supports the proposal.
13. The Northern Regional Council recommends that the provisional parish of Hornsby Heights become a parish from 1 January 2001.
For and on behalf of the Northern Regional Council.
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative