Synod in Past Years
Proposal to change the status of the Provisional Parish of Oakhurst to a Parish
(A report from the Western Sydney Regional Council.)
1. A proposal was made to the Archbishop by the Minister and Churchwardens of the Provisional Parish of Oakhurst under clause 4(1)(b) of the Parishes Ordinance 1979.
2. It was not possible to convene a meeting of the Western Sydney Regional Council in time to consider this matter (in accordance with Clause 5 of the Ordinance). In order to allow the matter to be promoted at the 2003 Synod all members of Council were contacted by 25 July 2003 and majority support was given.
3. Western Sydney Regional Council certified that all procedural requirements under clauses 4 and 6 have been complied with.
4. The proposal is to change the Provisional Parish of Oakhurst to the Parish of Oakhurst.
5. The Provisional Parish has applied following the growth in membership and ministry in the Oakhurst area.
6. In the 2001 Census profile a total of 3931 persons out of 25640 persons claim affiliation with the Anglican Church (15%), 3500 or (14%) claim no religion or did not state a religion. The largest group outside Christian Religions was 1223 (5%) Muslim.
7. The Provisional Parish employs a curate-in-charge, a youth minister and a children's worker.
8. The Provisional Parish now has 147 adults regularly attending as follows:
9. Ministry amongst youth and children averages 30 each week. Scripture in schools is carried out regularly at four Primary Schools and the Richard Johnson Anglican School. Other activities include small groups, 50 children at Kid's Church on Sundays, CEBS averages 25 and GFS 60.
10. Summary of Consolidated Receipts and Payments
11. Property held in trust by the Property Trust for the Provisional Parish is comprised of -
12. This does not include the value of land on which the property is located. The condition of all buildings is good.
13. There is a debt being serviced by the Provisional Parish with a balance of $ 37,000.
14. Archdeacon Ken Allen supports this application.
15. The Western Sydney Regional Council recommends that the Provisional Parish of Oakhurst become a Parish from 1 January 2004.
For and on behalf of the Western Sydney Regional Council
| About Us
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Bishops & Archdeacons
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Other Services | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map | Site by Enitiative